A music tracker engine based free VirtualBeat Audio Engine for the Virtual Boy console.
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
- 100% handwritten v810 Assembler
- player takes up to 450us (~2% of a frame which is 20ms) for heavy frames
– on average much less!
- converts S3M modules to engine format (we use the great free Schismtracker)
- all 6 channels
- channel 6 dedicated to ‘noise’ instruments
- featuring ‘low’ notes and precussion for noise channel
- exhange 1-5 WAVE tables on the fly
- lowest direct note is d#2 (hardware limit)
- up to 30 instruments supported
Supported effects in S3M tracker:
- tempo – currently in units of frames
(can be set at any column and without an instrument)
- volume 0-63 – gets divided to 0-15 by player!
(can be set without an instrument)
- panning (S8x)
x=0-6 from all left to all right. 3 being center
- continue with pattern xx (Bxx)
(can be set at any column)
- continue with NEXT pattern (break) as ‘C00’
(identical to B3F)