Assembloids is a fast paced action puzzler in which the player composes heads of different characters. In the middle of the screen, a quarter of a face happens to appear that the player can move into four areas. For every complete face you get points – the more uniform the shape, the more. But the clock is ticking and every mistake costs a life.
For the thirtieth anniversary of the Atari Lynx, the website atarigamer.com hosted a competition for game developers whose winners were announced during the Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2019. PriorArt also submitted Assembloids and received second place after all. We are very happy that the game has received such popularity. Many thanks to the organizer, co-participants and all who have voted with.
There was a great variety of genres partitipating in the competition, so we highly recommend to check out the other competition entries.
- Programming: Dr. Martin Wendt
- Graphics: Oliver Lindau
- Music & sound: Kamil Wolnikowski
- Fully written in Assembler language, no external tools/libraries
- CONTINOUS 3 Channel music, 1 channel for SFX samples, own music engine
- Fast loader (own loader)
- Lynxsplash image with 182 unique colors (world’s first full RGB without flicker)
- hidden image with more than 256 colors
- Title tune and in-game musik during gameplay as well as game-over jingle
- 128 KB cartrige
- Encrypted HIGHSCORE code